Joe Biden and his team must prepare to face tough questions in the first presidential debate on September 29.
• You’ve supported nationwide demonstrations for racial justice, but would you want them to continue after you’re president? How would you scale down the occasionally violent protests?
• In the primaries, you moved sharply left—on abortion funding, free college, climate policy and more. As president, would you continue that shift as demanded by your party’s progressive wing?
• Did you grow up with “white privilege”—the advantages that purportedly benefit people of European descent? How would you erase such privilege in the future?
• Many Christian and Jewish friends of Israel appreciate the pro-Israel policies of President Trump. Would you build on those policies, or alter them and, if so, how?
• Would you appoint a 78-year-old as a top Cabinet official and, if so, how would you make sure that candidate was up to the job?